About the report
Richard is ecommerce practice director at Inviqa. He has led major brands to commercial success, along with pioneering UK retail brands such as Graze, Radley, Lush, and Dreams, by helping them realise their online potential. An authority on Magento, Richard is one of a select few members of the Magento Developer Certification Board and is a regular speaker on the conference circuit. Prior to Inviqa Richard founded Session Digital, an award-winning ecommerce agency that merged with Inviqa in 2016.
Business consultancy director, Inviqa
Brett brings more than 19 years’ experience working with leading brands to his role at Inviqa as business consultancy director. He joined Inviqa in 2015 following previous roles including head of ecommerce, global head of business systems, and group digital business delivery manager. Brett has held leadership positions at global brands, with responsibility for operational, commercial, and technical teams. At Inviqa his consulting services are enabling retailers and other organisations to accelerate growth and drive innovation through transformative customer experiences.
Inviqa is a digital consultancy and software development company that equips businesses to achieve their goals faster, accelerate growth, and drive innovation. Our digital services provide end-to-end support across the digital product lifecycle – from digital strategy consultancy, to digital product prototyping, development, build, and beyond.
We count some of the world’s leading organisations as clients, from Virgin and Reiss, to Arsenal FC and the National Theatre. Our industry specialisms include retail, fashion & luxury, media & publishing, manufacturing, sport, and entertainment.
Inviqa is a regular feature in Econsultancy’s Top 100 Digital Agencies Report and was shortlisted as Computing’s Digital Service Company of the year in 2017.
Learn more at inviqa.com.
About Magento Commerce
Magento, an Adobe company, is a leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries and was recently named a leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce. In addition to its flagship digital commerce platform, Magento boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions that empower merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. Magento is the #1 provider to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, the B2B 300 and the Top 500 Guides for Europe and Latin America. Magento is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest eCommerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace. More information can be found at Magento.com.
About Vision One
Vision One is one of the UK’s leading market research companies. It has been delivering business insight for almost 20 years, unearthing new cultural and brand insights, and learning what makes customers tick. Vision One is accredited by the UK Market Research Society (MRS) and was awarded the 2017 RAR+ Best Market Research Agency accolade.
Learn more at visionone.co.uk.
Ecommerce services at Inviqa
Our ecommerce consulting and ecommerce development services help retail organisations achieve their goals faster, accelerate growth, and drive innovation. To give a few examples, our work has seen:
- Beds retailer Dreams grow revenue by 52%
- Luxury fashion brand Radley increase customer retention by 14%
- Jewellery upstart Astrid & Miyu achieve a 320% year-on-year revenue rise
- Snacking company Graze launch a subscription business delivering £3 million revenue in year one
- Missguided grow from a £7 million startup into a £100 million retail giant
Whether you’re establishing growth initiatives, building a business case for investment, or re-structuring your ecommerce business, our experienced consultants are here to show you your options and guide you on the best course of action for your organisation.
Our own first-hand knowledge, combined with our more than ten years’ experience working with some of the UK’s leading organisations, means we’re the ideal place to start a conversation when you’re undertaking projects or initiatives in new areas.
Our ecommerce consulting services enable retailers to:
- Assess digital initiatives against complexity, cost, and risk
- Develop business and investment cases
- Develop a digital roadmap against defined business objectives
- Find the right tools, platforms, web languages, and web frameworks to meet strategic goals and drive early business value
- Conduct situational and competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Create alignment between business strategy and digital delivery
- Accelerate the technology selection process based on strategic goals
- Identify improvement opportunities that drive higher engagement and online revenue
- Solve speed and site performance issues
- Test an idea using design-led digital prototyping and base digital product development on evidence
- Become more customer-centric organisations by identifying the approaches, methodologies, and organisational changes needed to drive innovation and continuously improve digital products and services
Unlike many traditional ecommerce agencies, our ecommerce services enable retail organisations to take digital initiatives from planning, conception, and prototyping, all the way into product development and beyond.
Our extensive ecommerce platform experience includes Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Spryker, Shopware, and more, while our software engineers are industry leaders in the likes of PHP, Symfony, Scala, Ionic, Node, Docker, and more.
Our ecommerce development services span areas including:
- Ecommerce platform selection
- Ecommerce platform implementation and customisation
- Bespoke ecommerce platform development where off-the-shelf applications aren’t right for the requirements
- Ecommerce platform continuous improvement
- Web CMS development
- UX and CX design
- Online brand development
- Systems integration
- Code and site performance audits and refactoring
- Custom API development
- Conversion rate optimisation
- Application prototyping
- Native, hybrid, and Progressive Web App mobile app development